We provide scheduled opportunities for musicians to perform at our Newark River Road Coffeehouse location. Our rules/standards are as follows:
- Performances are limited to no more than three performers. A maximum of one small amplifier is permitted and the sound level of all selections must be appropriate to the coffeehouse customer environment.
- All music performed must be original selections or selections that include music and/or lyrics whose copyright or licensing coverages have expired. Live performances at the coffeehouse cannot include any music or lyrics currently subject to licensing agreements by BMI, ASCAP or any other licensing agency.
- All performers must use only the stage area provided. The stage cannot be moved and the performers must remain on the stage area at all times during the performance.
- Customer seats and tables cannot be relocated prior to or during the performance.
- Unless otherwise approved by the coffeehouse owners or manager, all performances must be scheduled between 6:30 and 8:45 pm on weekdays or from 4:30 to 6:30 pm on weekends.
- Performers must agree to not use lyrics or commentary during the performance that would be profane, hostile or convey a lack of respect for a particular group of individuals based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion or any other category generally protected by law.Lyrics and commentary must be appropriate for persons of all ages.
- Sample soundtracks or recordings performed by the artists must be provided to management for review prior to final scheduling to assure that music style and volume are appropriate to the coffeehouse.
- No compensation is offered for performance.
If you or your group would like to request stage time, please call the Newark store at 740-366-3356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We do offer our regular performers (does not include short performances at open mic nites) free drinks from the coffeehouse bar during the performance and modest gift cards for future use. We prefer to post flyers announcing performances at the coffeehouse approximately one week before the event. You may supply 4-5 printed announcements or provide us with detailed performer and event information and we will print flyers.We also will print a news note on our web site.